Welcome to the Homeschoolers’ Support Association (HSA) website! A place to meet fellow homeschooling families in the Seattle / Puget Sound region and surrounding areas in Washington State. This group is open to all styles of homeschooling.
HSA is a local non-profit organization dedicated to supporting homeschooling families of all philosophical persuasions. Our goal is to provide opportunities, education and activities for families who are currently homeschooling or interested in beginning homeschooling.
We have local chapters in Burien, Enumclaw, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kent/Covington, Puyallup/Tacoma, Plateau (Enumclaw/Buckley), and Renton. We also have a Youth & Government chapter which is involved in the Washington State YMCA Youth & Government program. When you join HSA, you are welcome to attend all chapter events, monthly meetings and/or activities, such as: Mom’s night out, park days, talent shows, speakers, and much more. We have a Yahoo Group where we daily share ideas and have our group calendar listing events for all chapters.
HSA Adopt-A-Road Event
If you and your family are interested in participating in the HSA Adopt-A-Road Event, please contact Tena Cinnamon at email@example.com. Please give your name and the number of people and the ages of children participating. Please include the phone number to contact you the morning of October 28th in case we need to cancel because of rainy weather.
You can view the safety video here: mms://winmedia.kingcounty.gov/transit/Adoptaroad.wmv. If that doesn’t work, you can visit kingcounty.gov/adoptaroad, and a link to the video is available in the rightmost column, under the Facebook feed and Newsletter.
Day of clean-up, we will have a Safety Rule Review before we begin cleaning. Each volunteer will sign an Informed Consent/Release Form and a Minor Participation Permission Form. King County has safety equipment for us to wear that includes a hard hat, safety vest, and gloves. There are only a few pick-up sticks, so if you have one, please bring it along. We have small gloves and pickup tongs for younger children. Please bring water to drink.
Any questions, please contact Tena Cinnamon at firstname.lastname@example.org
All-HSA Event in Sammamish: MATH FAIR (Geared toward ages 4-13)
Event Date: Friday, October 16th, 9:30am – 1pm
Deadline to Sign-Up: Friday, October 9, 2015
**Please sign up as soon as possible. Space is limited!**
Location: The Tutoring Center, 711 228th Ave NE, Sammamish, WA 98074
Cost to HSA Members: FREE (please send $5 check to reserve your family’s spot; check will be returned to you at event).
Cost to Non-HSA Members: $5 per family
- 09:30 – 10:00 AM Check in
- 10:00 – 11:30 AM Math Fair
- 11:30 – 12:00 PM Awards and Grand Prize Drawing
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM Pizza Lunch, Socialize and Learn More About The Tutoring Center
- When they arrive on that day, each child will check in and receive a name tag. Each child will also receive a tracking sheet for completed activities or a packet to write their answers down.
- There will be a requirement to complete 10 activities to earn a Certificate of Completion + Small Prize/Treat.
- Each child also earns raffle tickets for the different activities with varying difficulties. Below are some samples of activities.
Room 1: Poster Boards / Table Activities
- Solve the Riddle
- Pascal’s Triangle
- Prime and Composite Number Game/Prime Factorization
- Clock/Time Problems
- Money Games
- Charts Games
Room 2: Games
- Math Swamp
- Snakes & Ladders
- Raffles will then be entered for a Grand Prize drawing. Again, each child who completes 10 activities will receive a Certificate and a small prize/treat.
- Each participating child will receive a Free Diagnostics ($150 value) and one month free tuition (currently $338) for enrolling in year round programs at The Tutoring Center.
To sign up, please mail your completed HSA field trip form and check made out to Kelly Malleck for $5 to: Kelly Malleck, 7315 116th Avenue SE, Newcastle, WA 98056
Questions to: email@example.com or 206-351-8341
**** We have a new Facebook page at HSA Homeschoolers ****
HSA has programs in addition to the chapter activities for our members. Past programs that HSA has sponsored were the Iditarod Sled Dog program and the Mad Scientist (Pacific Science Center traveling science program). We have many meetings that give our children the opportunity to improve their skills in writing, photography, art, geography and many other areas.
**** Questions??? Click Here! ****
We are a membership-only group. However, we are happy to provide homeschooling information to anyone who is interested. If you have a desire to know more about HSA or homeschooling, please check out our Chapter pages and our Contact page for more information. If you are interested in joining HSA, go to our How To Join page and follow the directions. We look forward to meeting you at HSA!